Albion Public Schools will be annexed into Marshall Public Schools as of July 1, 2016. There will be a K-5 school in Albion that will be run and maintained by Marshall Public School. There are three school buildings that are being considered and they are in this old art that was created in 2003. Washington Gardner School is now owned by Albion College and is not under consideration. Marshall is seeking input from Albion residents about which school to pick for the k-5 education.
Here is a link to the form. (or click on the image above.)
There is also an open house at the Community School building (the old Albion High School) the evening of May 26 from 5-7 so that people can come in and fill out a paper form with this same survey. A light meal will be served.
Here are some features of the new K-5 Marshall Public School in Albion: (watch for more information soon)
- Readiness Kindergarten
- School Nurse, Counselor, Dentist, Hearing/Vision Screening, School Social Worker (needed)
- Reading Recovery & Literacy Corp.
- “Teaming” in Math & Language Arts over Two Years of Instruction
- Community Programming: Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Girls on the Run, Reading Olympics, Backpack Food Program, Community Credit Union
- Music, Art, Technology specials, Choral Redhawk Singers
- Parent Involvement: Science Night, Family Math and reading Nights
- Partnerships with Public Libraries (Reading and Writing)